|DIRECTING THROUGH MOVEMENT
When: Saturday 17 March 10am – 2pm
Where: St Gabriel’s Halls, Pimlico, London
NB: Change of venue – was previously at Menier Chocolate Factory.Director Kate Golledge and choreographer Darragh O’Leary will share their approaches to directing performers through movement in the context of rehearsing a new musical.
This unique practical sharing will be followed by an opportunity for questions and discussion around approaches to directing through movement in musical theatre generally.
The workshop will use an ensemble number from a contemporary musical with three singers and an ensemble of 10 performers to explore…
- Finding a starting point, generating ideas and realising a shared vision, working in the room with actors and dancers.
- Using what the writer has given us and interrogating the writing as a way in to making choices.
- How a director and choreographer might add to each other’s process.
- How we tie together music, text and choreography to make it seamless.
- What notions of style are useful and how we interpret those demands.
- Practical staging questions. Developing character and intention as an ensemble.
- The difference between a choreographer and a movement director.…
A limited number of places are available for £5 to MTN and SDUK members.
Any additional fees on booking are charges from EventBrite.
Tickets for non-members are available at £25 via the SDUK Office:email@example.com
Please note any SDUK member who wishes to attend but cannot afford the ticket should also contact Jemma.