Who are we?
- SDUK is the professional trade organisation for stage directors across the UK.
- SDUK represents the interests of stage directors and campaigns for better rights and working conditions.
- SDUK is a membership organisation providing a sense of community and a unifying network for its members.
- SDUK offers support, training and professional development.
- SDUK is “by directors, for directors.”
- To be the sole or pre-eminent negotiating body for stage directors in the UK – in theatre, opera and all aspects of live performance.
- To have demonstrated through its actions that it has transformed the fees, contracts and working lives of directors at all stages of their careers.
- To have ensured that a career as a director can be a viable possibility for as many talented individuals as possible irrespective of background, race or gender.
- To have achieved a sustainable, diverse and pro-active membership
SDUK BELIEVES IN…
- Championing the role of directors across the UK, advocating for their interests and transforming their working lives
- The power of the directing community to achieve change
- Providing a legacy of opportunity, training and support to other directors
- Moving the directing culture towards a greater spirit of collaboration and mutual support – “by directors, for directors.